MediFast diet is a nutritional body-sculpting program which also includes meal replacement plans that aim at successfully helping one tackle his or her ongoing weight control issues. It was first created in 1980 by a doctor named William Vitale.
The healthy slimming program offers more than 70 prepackaged goods that customers can choose from. Most people choose to get started on the MediFast 5 + 1 Plan which allows them to consume up to six individual meals per day.
Five of them should be from the dietary program’s own patented products. The sixth should consist of lean meat and green leafy vegetables and clients must prepare it for themselves. While the nutritional solution is effective for some, many others doubt its ability to help one manage one’s average body mass index.
This slimming program is also known as the MediFast Achieve Plan. There are some indications that it can help improve the state of well-being that customers are in. But if clients prefer to get started with a truly tested and tried body-shaping program, then they should try out My #1 Recommendation – MaxFit Garcinia with an exclusive extract from the Garcinia Cambogia fruit!
Click here and make it possible for you to look perfect
(100% Free to Place an Order)
How To Start The MediFast Diet & What Is It All About?
This body-sculpting program is conducted under medical supervision. When creator William Vitale first started it up in 1980, the nutritional products were advertised and sold to third-party medical personnel which, in turn, prescribed them to their patients who needed to burn fat rapidly and drop excess pounds.
The company that stands behind the body-shaping plan is also publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and is said to be worth more than $285 million. Forbes magazine even named it one of the fastest growing firms in the weight control sphere in 2010 and featured it on its annual ‘America’s 100 Best Small Companies’ for that year.
But this also suggests that the nutritional enterprise is more of a business venture which aims at acquiring profits on the backs of consumers than it is concerned about the slimming issues that its clients may have. The company’s meal replacement products can be purchased online or via retail stores.
In its core, it is a very low-calorie diet (VLCD). The weight management goals are achieved via the substitution of one’s regular meals with one of the nutritional program’s 70 packaged goods. They include MediFast bars, shakes, soups, cereal, pasta, muffins, brownies, mashed potatoes, and many others.
The main purpose of their regular intake is to put the human body in a state of dietary ketosis. For anyone who doesn’t know what this is all about, such processes involve the limited intake of carbohydrates. The human body begins to burn fatty tissue, instead of sugars, and people allegedly get in shape much quicker.
Potential clients should keep in mind that this ketosis process might cause them to experience some unpleasant side effects. The body often goes into a state of shock when it has to switch from one nutritional plan to the other. Most MediFast reviews issued by consumers confirm this.
What Are The Potential MediFast Side Effects?
Anyone who is considering to get started on the meal replacement plan and its supporting body-shaping program should keep in mind that it may expose their organism to several health threats. The drastic reduction of what one consumes on a daily basis, as well as any changes related to the consumed food products, means that some minor or major disturbances are always possible. Switching to MediFast Optavia bars means that one can suffer from:
Dangerously Low Blood Pressure;
Nausea & Vomiting;
Quick Regaining Of Lost Weight;
Which Are The Main Ingredients In The MediFast Bars?
The specific meal replacement plans and weight control programs of this nutritional solution feature a number of different goods from the company’s list of patented ones. They include different bars, shakes, drinks, desserts, and entire prepackaged meals like high-protein and low-calorie pasta with a reduced content of carbs. Clients who wish to learn more about them can easily do so by registering on the official website and getting their MediFast login credentials.
Most meal plans provide about 800 to 1,000 calories per day, meaning that customers will have to rapidly shift from one nutritional regimen to the other. This may cause some unexpected negative reactions in the human body which needs time to get used to the new dietary program.
Another thing to keep in mind about the MediFast weight control plans is that most of them totally cut out on the dairy plans. Clients will have to make sure that they consume an additional healthy amount of calcium and Vitamin D from third-party sources. Which leads to the logical question of what is one paying a hefty sum for?
Here is a list of some of the main components in the body-sculpting program’s products:
- Whey Protein Isolate: A bioavailable form of protein that is made out of 90% of pure proteins and contains vital for the body amino acids. It suppresses the appetite for hours.
- Organic Cracked Wheat: Ground wheat kernels that feature lots of fibers and trace minerals. Does not include any GMOs or harsh pesticides.
- Milk Protein Concentrate: Harmonizes and regulates the functioning of nerves, muscles, and other important organs.
- Dehydrated Carrots: Rich in Vitamin C.
- Canola Oil: It has a very high content of good unsaturated fats. Improves the way that the human heart works.
- Potassium Chloride: Treats low blood sugar levels.
- Ascorbic Acid: Naturally occurring in citrus fruits, it strengthens the immune system and enhances low levels of Vitamin C in the body.
- Riboflavin: This is Vitamin B2 which helps the body to break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, converting them into pure energy.
- Resistant Corn Starch: Acts as a proper replacement for flour and manages to lower the carbohydrate content of a given product. Improves insulin sensibility, suppresses the appetite, enhances digestion, and lowers blood sugar levels.
- Calcium Caseinate: Milk protein replacement which leads to rapid loss of fatty tissue.
- Oat Fiber: Low in carbs and high in healthy fibers.
- Vitamin K1: Relieves itching and rashes. Strengthens the bone system.
- Whey Protein Concentrate: Has fewer fats and carbohydrates than most other proteins. Commonly used in dietary supplements.
- Chicory Root Extract (Inulin): It is safe when used in controlled quantities. This is a woody plant whose roots are rich in minerals and vitamins. It is known to aid digestion by supporting the development of healthy intestinal bacteria. The extract is known to feed the microflora present in the gut.
- Peanut Flour: It is low in fats and consists of about 40% – 50% pure proteins. Beneficial to the heart and considered to be gluten-free and vegan.
What Is MediFast’s Average Cost?
Most of the nutritional plans that this weight control program offers cost about $300 for a 30-day period. The daily supply of meal replacements costs (including the refreshments that one has to prepare on one’s own) can amount to nearly $20. And this is not considering the fact that there will be times when the customer will have to eat out! The sum is quite hefty considering the fact that most people start to acquire the lost pounds quickly after going off the dietary plan. Most packages come with a gift food journal, a dining out guide, and a blender bottle. They can be ordered and purchased via the official websites or via the digital or physical retailers, such as Amazon and Walmart.
Is The Nutritional Body-Sculpting Program Effective?
Most MediFast reviews and testimonials, issued by clients who have tested the weight control solution, are incapable of giving a concrete answer as to whether or not the weight management plan is beneficial for one’s slimming goals or not. It can be assumed that the meal replacement program works for some specific body types.
But there is also substantial evidence that not all of the achieved results are long-lasting. If one does not follow the strict guidelines of the company and stay on the suggested nutritional plans for good, then the results are going to be only temporary. So, unless clients are prepared to stay with the weight management solution for good, they cannot expect to achieve anything.
MediFast Conclusion – Quick But Short-Lived Results!
Most slimming solutions claim to achieve the impossible only to make as many clients as possible subscribe to their dietary plan. MediFast weight control program might be one of them. It has been around for more than four decades but there is no proof that its prolonged life is due to anything more than clever marketing tactics.
This is why it is best for potential customers to turn to a proven to work nutritional program that will give lasting results without being too strenuous on the body. They should check out My #1 Recommendation – MaxFit Garcinia which is an all-natural and truly working choice!
Click here and make it possible for you to look perfect
(100% Free to Place an Order)
Growing up in exotic Italy, Nicolas has a taste for the good life and for the best food. He is an ambitions wellness guide when it comes to balanced diets, body shaping and weight management. Especially for people at risk from obesity and young adults.